Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Importance of Friendship

Right away, let me acknowledge that yes, my title indeed seems a bit corny, however I truly believe in the power of good friends. Throughout all of life's ups and downs, friends can be there to comfort you, listen to your problems, and offer advice anytime you may be a bit lost. My own close friends are ones who I've grown up with and I consider them family. In our generation, I see so much drama between people who are supposedly "friends" that it just boggles my mind. I can easily say that I would not be the person I am today if not for my core group of friends. For that reason, I believe young people should strive for solid relationships with friends so the confusing parts of life can be shared and figured out together.
It is in high school that someone can really discover who they are, but usually this does not come without some push from an outside source. Teachers, parents, and even peers can lead you to realize your morals, opinions, and beliefs. However, most time in high school is spent gossiping and living with drama. While I was in high school, I made the best effort to stay away from anyone or anything prone to drama. I do realize that trouble can have it's way of finding you, but it's all about how you handle the situation. I really think that if teenagers spent more time being nice and actually caring about those around them, the world would be a better place.

2 comments:

  1. Love this sentiment. If you gave some specific examples of your friends, it might help your readers connect even better...

    Also, I'm interested if you think this lack of connection is directly linked to our current culture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could definitely see the current over use of technology as a reason. Last semester I wrote on the topic of technology impairing relationships.

    ReplyDelete